I suggest you ...

Categorizing Videos

Hi, have you guys thought about allowing us to categorize our videos so that viewers can choose the category on our channel that they'd like to watch. e.g. News, Sport, Travel etc.

i.e. add a navigation bar on the page.

Hope you can do it.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  smashingAdminsmashing (Admin, WorldTV.com) responded  · 

Categorizing videos within a channel is one approach, and not one we had considered to be honest. The approach we are taking is that you can create multiple channels very easily using WorldTV, on different themes. Coming with v1.0 is the ability to customize the EPG so your viewers can switch between your different channels. This is due in May 2011.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I was just about to send a comment about categorizing but I just read this. Yes I agree that there should be a tool where we can add categories to our videos as it will make video promotion a lot easier instead of promoting multiple channels to our friends and audience. Can creating categories be done at all?

• macwanrajmacwanraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updated Jan 08 - Live as of mid Dec as the new EPG feature

how do i control lis of channels to show only my channels?

• philiphdeanphiliphdean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, so that viewers can choose what they want to watch on your channel. This would be great. Also, there should be a "What's New" category so that regular viewers can immediately choose from the latest videos that have been uploaded to the channel and not have to scroll though all the videos like a boring slideshow.

Feedback and Knowledge Base